We would like to work for your practice on a referral basis. We welcome the opportunity to work with you to extend alternative and complementary medical services to your patients. We feel that alternative and complementary medicine is best when integrated with modern medicine. Most practices have a few clients who would appreciate a referral to help them to obtain alternative and complementary medicine for their pets. If not referred, many clients will seek care from non-veterinarians like chiropractors, health food store personnel, herbal and nutritional multi-level marketers, etc.
We think you, the primary veterinarian should be in charge of the treatment plan, and that the best results are obtained when all the veterinarians treating a patient communicate and work together for the benefit of the patient.
- We do not believe in or practice telephone diagnosis.
- We require patients to be seen by appointment at our hospital in Columbus, Ohio before we attempt a diagnosis or treatment.
- We want and need you to provide results of your complete work-up including but not limited to medical records, laboratory test results and radiographs.
- We would like to know the best methods of communicating with you about your patient.
- We welcome your comments on how we can improve our service to you and your clients.
Donn W. Griffith, D.V.M., M.S., N.M.D.
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society Certified
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society Advanced Herbal Graduate
- American Veterinary Chiropractic Association Certified
- Licensed Naturopathic Physician, Arizona
- Columbus Zoo Veterinarian, 1971-1973
- OSU Graduate Instructor, Preventive Medicine, 1973-1974
- 27 Years “Open Line” WOSU Radio
- Homeopathic Training by National Center for Homeopathy
- Trained with Chris Day, DVM and the late George McCleod, DVM
- 5 Years as “The Pet Doctor” on WBNS 10 TV
- National Convention Presentations: North American Veterinary Conference, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, Western States Veterinary Examining Boards and Western States Veterinary Conference
- Alternative/Complementary Medical Consultant to Veterinary Information Network
- In practice since 1968
- President of American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, 2007-2008
The New England Journal of Medicine reported that the majority of people in the United States utilize some modalities of alternative and complementary medicine for their own healthcare. Many of these people want the same types of services for their pets. For the last 13 years our practice has been seeing pets from Ohio and surrounding states, as we are unique in our wide offering of services such as homeopathy, acupuncture, veterinary chiropractic, herbal therapies, nutritional supplements and much more. We would like to help you add these services to your practice.
Dr. Donn Griffith, the founder of Ohio Holistic Veterinary Service, sustained injuries while playing football for Purdue University. He found that his body benefited from alternative, complementary therapies, with none of the side effects of conventional medicine. This led him to study worldwide many methods available to humans that have been used widely for thousands of years and have been found to be safe, with varying degrees of effectiveness.